Installing Jasmincam on Windows
See the technical requirements for JasminCam software here.
Installing: Click on the ‘Download JasminCam’ button in the ‘Go Online’ menu of your account to download the installation file. An Install Guide has also been made available to assist you with the process.
You may also start the installation directly
Verify that you run the installation with administrator rights (right-click > Run as administrator).
If you have any trouble installing or running the program, please verify that the following programs are installed on your computer.
- .NET 3.5 ( http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=21)
- .NET 4 (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851)
- .NET 4.5 (http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30653 )
- the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, installed through Internet Explorer for the standalone software, and through the web browser you use for the browser version http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/)
(Make sure that you update your flash within Internet Explorer as JasminCam uses Flash plugin from Internet Explorer only)
Installing Jasmincam on MAC
JasminCam standalone version is available on Mac. See the technical requirements for JasminCam software here.
Before starting the installation be sure you have administrative privileges on your Mac. To view your rights on Mac OS X follow these steps:
- From the Apple Menu, select System Preferences.
- In the System Preferences window, select Users & groups (Accounts).
- Select your user account and then view the right panel. If Allow user to administer this computer is not checked then you don't have admin rights.
1. Click on the ‘Download JasminCam’ button in the ‘Go Online’ menu of your account to download the installation file. You may also start the installation directly
2. Double click on the downloaded Jasmincam.dmg file.
3. A window will open. Drag the JasminCam icon on the Applications folder icon.
The application will be copied to the folder instantly.
If you get an error message that says the program "can't be opened because it wasn't downloaded from the Mac App Store," you need to do the following:
Step 1: Open Finder > Applications > System Preferences > Security & Privacy > General tab or search for Security & Privacy in Spotlight.
NOTE: If prompted, click on the Lock icon on the left corner of the window and enter your Administrator Username and Password.
Step 2: Set Allow apps downloaded from to Anywhere.
After the app is dragged to your Applications folder, you can run it normally — from the Finder, Launchpad, Spotlight or Dock.
After starting JasminCam, type your Jasmin performer username and password.
Please note that if you registered your account in the past few months, then you can only log in with your e-mail address, as you can see it on the sample image below.
You can tick the ‘Remembering data’ box if you wish JasminCam to remember your login details. In case you forgot your password or username, please click on the ‘Forgot Password’ option for further instructions on how to retrieve them.
You have the option to adjust your settings. You may select your Camera, Audio Device and Video Quality.
- Cam Device: Choose here your video device. If you use a camera splitter, launch it before you open JasminCam and select it in JasminCam as your Video Device.
- Audio Device: Make sure you choose here the device you would like to use for audio.
- Video Quality: Here you may find Resolution, FPS number, Bitrate. Please set the highest available option from here. You may choose the following resolutions to fulfill one of Jasmin's basic requirement as for a 16:9 aspect ratio HD video stream:
- Background: JasminCam allows you to use a Green Box and select a picture or video as your background. Maximum picture size is 2048x2048, but make sure not to use a small picture in order to avoid pixelation.
The Green Box feature is designed for Celebrity category models and is NOT recommended for other categories. If you wish to have the most appealing environment, it is always best to use a nicely decorated room.
You can find some information on how to set up the lights for a Green Box here: http://wiki.jasmin.com/display/EW/Lighting+Guide
When all of these are selected, click on the Login button to go online.
In case you have any trouble, you may have a look on the following troubleshoot pages:
If you still have any question, contact our Online Support chat. Our customer service representatives are available 24/7, every day of the year.