Introduction - The importance of Profile Pictures
Members' first impression about you always comes from Profile Pictures, as these images are the first that appear when they visit the site. For this reason, the requirements are quite high as it is in the Model's own interest to have excellent quality images, which in turn can increase their traffic.
Models can have two profile pictures: a Glamour and an Erotic one
Jasmin.com targets a broader audience that does not necessarily look for hardcore, explicit content, but rather soft-erotic, glamorous material. The site is advertised in international mainstream media and TV commercials, which is the reason why nudity or even showing breasts is not allowed in these images. Glamour pictures are placed here.
LiveJasmin.com remains the classic, sexually explicit, adult webcam site. Here daring, bold pictures are allowed, breasts can be visible. Erotic photos appear here.
Not having one is likely to have a negative effect on your income, since Models without profile photos are placed towards the end of the online Model list where traffic is lower.
Meanwhile having both Glamour and Erotic profile pictures is a requirement for Jasmin Selection, which allows a better position and a chance to participate in Awards game.
Please carefully read the following guide, which we created to help you understand and adjust to our standards, in order to achieve a magazine-like image.
First, allow us to give some tips on how to prepare for the best picture possible. The focus is highlighting your beauty and not your sexuality. How can you achieve it?
Since Models' goal is to attract visitors into their room, sexy, tasteful outfits are essential, with the kind of stylish makeup that reflects your personality and a sophisticated, fancy hairstyle. You may also put on some unique accessories that emphasize how extraordinary you are. Furthermore, setting up a decent, proper background with excellent lighting conditions is also important. For example, the environment can be an exclusively furnished room.
With excellent quality images that reflect a professional atmosphere, you will surely catch the attention of our costumers. In order to reach the required quality and conditions we kindly suggest to visit a professional photographer if possible, or ask the help of a friend with a great camera.
Also, taking many shots at once is better, since the more you take and the more positions and settings you try, the easier is to select the best photo. Besides, you may upload the other ones to your My Content folders to have more content there!
Profile Picture acceptance
Please note that images are handled by our Support Team in receiving order within 3 hours after you set the image. The acceptance may be accelerated by visiting our Online Support Chat, if the current traffic allows our colleagues to handle your case. Otherwise - if our traffic is high - we need to ask for your patience as every image gets checked within 3 hours after the upload. Your anticipated patience and understanding is highly appreciated.
In case your picture is rejected, please read the email that is sent to your Inbox ( Model Center / Messages / Support) which contains the reasons of the rejection.
Acceptable image types are JPG, JPEG, PNG
Recommended image type is JPG, all non-JPG files will be converted
Minimum picture size is 1600 x 1200 pixels
Maximum file size is 15 MB per photo
For all categories the same quality and composition requirements apply:
- The quality has to be excellent, crystal-clear sharp images are required.
- The composition of the image must resemble a magazine cover. It has to be tasteful, elegant and neat.
- Professional, studio photo shoots are welcomed and highly encouraged.
- Both of these requirements have to be fulfilled. A good quality photo taken in someone's simple living room is NOT acceptable.
- Only the registered person(s) can appear in the pictures.
Most common mistakes regarding quality
- Pictures taken by a web camera or mobile phone: Unfortunately, these images do not meet the quality requirements. We strongly recommend the use of a digital camera. If you do not yet own a digital camera you may consider borrowing one from a friend or visiting a professional photographer.
- Ask for help from someone who has some knowledge about photography: Whether you have your pictures taken in a professional studio or at home, make sure that the person who is taking your photo has some proficiency, as a minimal knowledge about how to set the lighting conditions and composition can make big differences.
Sharp and Clear Images
By setting the image quality to the highest you can avoid ending up with over compressed, below-standard pictures which may keep the Members away from entering your room. No matter how great Model you are, a pixelated, grainy photo always makes a bad first impression.
Please feel free to use online picture editing tools to optimize your image. There are many popular image-sharing websites that offer the option of editing and optimizing your picture with one click, so you can bring out the best of your pictures.
- Blurred, fuzzy, grainy photos are not pleasant to look at, it is impossible to appear attractive and sexy if the outline of your face and body are not visible.
- Web cameras are not suitable for taking high quality profile pictures. We strongly recommend to use a digital camera.
- Selfies, images when you are holding the camera in your hand, also give an unprofessional impression. Please either visit a professional photographer or ask someone to take a picture. You may focus on looking the best on your photo instead of worrying about handling the camera.
Please do not edit your photo after taking it, since extra images, texts, icons or heavy modifications might draw the visitors' attention. Instead of focusing on you, they will focus on the animation. Your best bet is to be in the center of attention. Please also keep in mind that additional frames, time stamps and various logos (including the Jasmin logo) are not acceptable either. We neither accept rotated pictures.
Changing the size of the photo by adjusting the aspect ratio will result in distorted pictures. Please properly crop the picture to get the desired size, it is recommended to use the genuine version of the taken picture.
Start attracting more mobile users in just a few clicks! Upload a new profile picture and crop it for mobile as well.
In order to re-crop an existing profile picture, just go to the 'Profile picture' section of your account, click on the Profile picture preview thumbnails and save the new mobile profile picture.
Setting up proper lighting conditions is very important. Here are some useful tips for the perfectly lit picture:
- Avoid standing in front of a window or a lamp.
- Try taking the picture so that the light comes from behind the camera.
- Avoid shiny materials in the background which may reflect the flash.
- Your picture should not be yellow and neither too dark or too bright.
Too many shadows
Once you are sure that the quality meets the requirements, you may start focusing on the composition of your picture. The goal is to create a tasteful, attractive image, that gives a professional impression.
Common mistakes that you may pay extra attention to:
- Make sure that your head and face are visible on the picture, pictures of your individual body parts may not be accepted as a Profile Picture.
- Avoid missing part of your head from the image, we cannot accept scalped, headless photos.
- Pay attention to the background, a chaotic background is not appealing, but standing in the corner of the room or in front of a wall or a mirror does not have the desired effect either.
- Avoid displaying items such as wires, power plugs, door knobs and door frames, blinds, fans and other random objects in the background that ruin the overall atmosphere of your picture.
- Avoid uploading casual pictures, such as those taken on vacation, in restaurants, in the middle of your kitchen or living room etc. Try to create an organized, attractive setting so your environment looks just as great as you do!
- Avoid poses where your face is not clearly visible, as you might be unrecognizable this way.
Chaotic, distasteful background
All the site’s rules that are available in your Model Center’s Info section, apply for the used profile pictures as well. Sexually provocative contents or usage of sex toys are unacceptable, since the main goal of these photos is to tease the visitors without revealing too much, and invite them into your Private room for more.
Posing and uploading erotic pictures is acceptable as long as they are not revealing or sexually explicit.
Displaying breasts is acceptable in case of the Erotic profile photo, although the appearance of other intimate body parts (genitals) are not allowed for either genders. Exposing erection should be avoided for all male performers. We neither accept pictures where pubic hair is visible.
Sexual Toys may appear in the images, as long as they are not in use, and do not appear in an explicit way.
If you have two or more accounts please note that it is required to have different profile pictures on each account, same or similar photos are not going to be accepted. Please pay attention that either the outfit or the pose and background need to be different.
Up to date
- It is quite important to keep your photos up-to-date, so they always show your current look. Members may get disappointed if you look totally different than what they first saw on your pictures.
- Changing your profile photos from time to time can help increasing your traffic and attracting new Members in your room.
Stay in sync with your bio
- The appearances in your Personal Data must be visible on your profile pictures as well. For example please pay attention that in case you set your hair color to blonde it should be the same color on your profile image too.
Remembering the rules
Every part of the Prohibited Content list (except alcohol) is also unacceptable to be shown on profile images, such as:
- incest role-play
- underage content or role-play
- blood, violence or imitation of these
- drug usage
- sharing any personal contact
- promoting any other website
Below, our aim was to summarize the most important things which you need to pay attention to when taking your profile pictures.
- Professional atmosphere, tasteful outfit, makeup, and hair style which reflects your personality
- Excellent quality - photo should be taken by a digital camera
- Great lighting conditions - neither too bright nor too dark photos
- Tasteful, organized background - indoor images are more welcome
- Animated pictures cannot be accepted
- All registered persons need to be visible - and only the registered ones
- Appropriate cropping to 16:9, 4:3 and 9:16 (mobile view) aspect ratios
- No explicit content- breasts may be visible on Erotic photos only
- Prohibited content cannot appear at all
Requirements can change according to your category. Please also check the following link and find your category there with more examples.